We Offer a personal
Approach to Corporate Finance
Greypoint Capital consists of a team of experienced lending and underwriting professionals.
- Ms. Allen founded Greypoint Capital Inc. on January 1, 2013 and has been the general partner responsible for funds origination, underwriting, and operations oversight.
- Ms. Allen was formerly an Equity Partner with the Advisory Services practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”) from 2009 to 2012, working in the Toronto office. She ran the National Debt Advisory group, a financial advisory group across various industries, and also led the National Real Estate Advisory team. She was the Principal Broker for PwC’s mortgage brokerage.
- From 2003 to 2009, Ms. Allen led the Brookfield Bridge Lending Fund, a $1 billion fund dedicated to financing mid-market companies in Canada and the U.S. The Bridge Fund completed more than $6 billion of acquisition finance and refinancing transactions since inception in 2003.
- Prior to Brookfield, Ms. Allen worked in the PwC Corporate Finance group, where she focused on capital sourcing of senior and subordinated debt placements for mid-market companies. In this role, Ms. Allen led numerous asset-based, term, and bridge re-financing transactions of underperforming and restructured companies.
- Prior to 1999, Ms. Allen was at GE Capital where she specialized in structuring financing and leasing transactions for a range of mid-market companies and large corporations to ensure they were provided with the appropriate financial solutions.
- Ms. Allen obtained her Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation in January 2015. She also holds a B.Sc. from Wilfrid Laurier University and an MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Mr. Spinner joined Greypoint Capital as Vice President in 2014. He has been actively involved in business development, deal originations, due diligence, deal monitoring, fund reporting, and investor relations.
- Prior to joining Greypoint, Mr. Spinner worked at EventMobi, a Toronto-based technology company, where he led the finance team and helped expand the Company to become a worldwide leader in its field. Mr. Spinner had joined EventMobi through its acquisition of his education start-up company, Understoodit.com.
- Prior to Mr. Spinner’s entrepreneurial experience in the technology field, he worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the Audit & Assurance and Transfer Pricing Practices. Mr. Spinner worked with private and public entities in the real estate, automotive and professional services sectors. He was involved in the global restructuring of multi-national organizations, including those involved in manufacturing and IT.
- Passionate about education and helping others, Mr. Spinner is the founder of Pick My Class Canada, the first Canadian crowd-funding charity to help public school teachers fund their classroom projects. In 2016, Pick My Class merged with the MyClassNeeds Foundation, where Mr. Spinner sits on their Advisory Board.
- Mr. Spinner is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and holds a B.Comm with an accounting major from Dalhousie University.