We Offer a personal
Approach to Corporate Finance
Greypoint Capital consists of a team of experienced lending and underwriting professionals.
- Mr. Spinner joined Greypoint Capital as Vice President in 2014. He has been actively involved in business development, deal originations, due diligence, deal monitoring, fund reporting, and investor relations.
- Prior to joining Greypoint, Mr. Spinner worked at EventMobi, a Toronto-based technology company, where he led the finance team and helped expand the Company to become a worldwide leader in its field. Mr. Spinner had joined EventMobi through its acquisition of his education start-up company, Understoodit.com.
- Prior to Mr. Spinner’s entrepreneurial experience in the technology field, he worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the Audit & Assurance and Transfer Pricing Practices. Mr. Spinner worked with private and public entities in the real estate, automotive and professional services sectors. He was involved in the global restructuring of multi-national organizations, including those involved in manufacturing and IT.
- Mr. Spinner founded Canada’s first crowd-funding charity to help public school teachers fund classroom projects, raising thousands of dollars for classrooms across Canada. Currently, Mr. Spinner is a mentor for entrepreneurs with addiction and mental health challenges, who receive micro loans through RISE Asset Development.
- Mr. Spinner is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and holds a B.Comm with an accounting major from Dalhousie University.
- Mr. Weber joined Greypoint Capital in 2019. He is actively involved in business development, deal originations, transaction structuring, prospective & client relations, due diligence and investor relations.
- Prior to Greypoint, Mr. Weber was Senior Vice President at Wells Fargo from 2012 to 2019 where he helped lead the development and build-out of the middle market banking practice in Toronto, covering Central and Eastern Canada. Mr. Weber successfully led the originations and relationship management aspects of the business with a focus on providing growth capital for strategic M&A, capex, and working capital to both privately and publicly held Canadian headquartered companies.
- From 2006 to 2012, Mr. Weber was a Director at National Bank of Canada within their Toronto based National Accounts Corporate Finance team. During that time, he helped grow the upper middle market loan portfolio for Ontario and Western Canada through originating and underwriting bilateral and syndicated credit facilities. Capital was deployed for LBO’s, M&A, real estate and P3 infrastructure financings.
- In addition, Mr. Weber held various roles at the TD Commercial Bank from 2004 to 2006 supporting middle market owner/operators with their business financing needs.
- Mr. Weber has an MBA from Dalhousie University and has been involved in several early stage tech companies both from an operational and investor perspective.
- Mr. Balduzzi brings over 20 years of financial, tax, and compliance experience. Most recently, Mr. Balduzzi acted as financial consultant to one of the largest Canadian architecture and design firms with global international offices where he was responsible for overseeing the partnership equity accounting functions and assisted the finance and legal teams providing tax and general legal support. Luc played a critical role in the business and in its successful transaction with one of the largest Asia-based urban, infrastructure and management services consulting firms based in Singapore.
- From 2012 to 2014, Mr. Balduzzi was a consultant responsible for all finance functions of Ausenco (Toronto), a multinational mining, engineering and project management company, with head office in Australia. Ausenco opened its Toronto office in 2012 with a primary focus on supporting Bay street mining businesses.
- From 2009 to 2012 Mr. Balduzzi led the development of financial and compliance models and data analytics at the Nuclear Waste Management Organization (NWMO), consultants to Ontario Power Generation (OPG), and prior to the NWMO Mr. Balduzzi was at Dynacare, a Toronto based private medical laboratory where he held various roles from 1995 to 2004, including Financial Controller.
- Mr. Balduzzi is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and holds a B.Com from the University of Toronto where he majored in Accounting and Economics, and holds a J.D. from Queen’s University and was called to the Province of Ontario Bar in 2009.