We Offer a personal
Approach to Corporate Finance
Greypoint Capital consists of a team of experienced lending and underwriting professionals.
- Ms. Allen founded Greypoint Capital Inc. on January 1, 2013 and has been the general partner responsible for funds origination, underwriting, and operations oversight.
- Ms. Allen was formerly an Equity Partner with the Advisory Services practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”) from 2009 to 2012, working in the Toronto office. She ran the National Debt Advisory group, a financial advisory group across various industries, and also led the National Real Estate Advisory team. She was the Principal Broker for PwC’s mortgage brokerage.
- From 2003 to 2009, Ms. Allen led the Brookfield Bridge Lending Fund, a $1 billion fund dedicated to financing mid-market companies in Canada and the U.S. The Bridge Fund completed more than $6 billion of acquisition finance and refinancing transactions since inception in 2003.
- Prior to Brookfield, Ms. Allen worked in the PwC Corporate Finance group, where she focused on capital sourcing of senior and subordinated debt placements for mid-market companies. In this role, Ms. Allen led numerous asset-based, term, and bridge re-financing transactions of underperforming and restructured companies.
- Prior to 1999, Ms. Allen was at GE Capital where she specialized in structuring financing and leasing transactions for a range of mid-market companies and large corporations to ensure they were provided with the appropriate financial solutions.
- Ms. Allen obtained her Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation in January 2015. She also holds a B.Sc. from Wilfrid Laurier University and an MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Mr. Spinner joined Greypoint Capital as Vice President in 2014. He has been actively involved in business development, deal originations, due diligence, deal monitoring, fund reporting, and investor relations.
- Prior to joining Greypoint, Mr. Spinner worked at EventMobi, a Toronto-based technology company, where he led the finance team and helped expand the Company to become a worldwide leader in its field. Mr. Spinner had joined EventMobi through its acquisition of his education start-up company, Understoodit.com.
- Prior to Mr. Spinner’s entrepreneurial experience in the technology field, he worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the Audit & Assurance and Transfer Pricing Practices. Mr. Spinner worked with private and public entities in the real estate, automotive and professional services sectors. He was involved in the global restructuring of multi-national organizations, including those involved in manufacturing and IT.
- Passionate about education and helping others, Mr. Spinner is the founder of Pick My Class Canada, the first Canadian crowd-funding charity to help public school teachers fund their classroom projects. In 2016, Pick My Class merged with the MyClassNeeds Foundation, where Mr. Spinner sits on their Advisory Board.
- Mr. Spinner is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and holds a B.Comm with an accounting major from Dalhousie University.
VP, Loan Origination
We are launching our second credit fund to replicate the success of our first fund, and we are now looking for someone to lead our team on the ground in meeting with companies, and finding new transactions.
Location: Toronto, ON
- Deal Origination (80%)
- Assist in the development of the loan transaction origination strategies including direct to companies, advisory community, and creating events to reach new prospects;
- Create digital strategy to generate more transaction leads;
- Develop target lists for potential transactions;
- Reach out to loan transaction prospects and find ways to connect to decision makers;
- Qualify a company’s interest to engage in loan transaction discussions;
- Meet with executives to determine their financing needs, and keeping the Greypoint offerings top of mind;
- Prepare and present prospective borrowers to our team.
- Investor Relations (10%)
- Assist in the compilation of transaction information to be provided to our investors
- Meet with our investors to discuss transactions and gauge their interest in participating on a co-invest basis.
- Underwriting/Due Diligence (10%)
- On a transaction by transaction basis, assist the team underwriting the transaction
- Assist the team with due diligence on transaction by meeting with company personnel, analyze company processes and functions, and assess transaction risks.
- Liaise with legal counsel to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Assist in compiling investor presentations outlining company overview, transaction details, risks identified, and due diligence completed.
- University/College degree in finance
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience working as a Loan Originator or related role
- Ability to demonstrate experience working with industry stakeholders leading to successfully closed transactions
- Experience working for an alternative lender considered an asset
- CFA or CPA designation considered as asset
- Excellent communication skills is essential. You will act as our main touch point with new businesses.
- Must be a self starter;
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to negotiate with key stakeholders
To apply, please forward resume to Andrew.email@example.com